Saturday, February 25, 2012

Hurry Up and Wait

    Yesterday I interviewed at the salon I've been hoping to work for since I graduated school. It went very well but I have to now do a second interview with the owner. It's been a long process but it's taught me the importance of waiting on God. Seems I've been learning a lot of that lately.

    After my interview, I went to Heartland and got lots of information on which classes I need to sign up for in the fall. I plan on taking general education courses while I work, and after one or two years transferring to another school. So yesterday I started studying a very large math book so that I can do well on the placement test.

    I was getting very excited about all the plans I'm making for work and getting into school again, and then I remembered that so far I haven't really accomplished anything yet. I'm still waiting on the job I want, I haven't enrolled in any classes or obtained any financial aid yet for that purpose. It takes my mom to remind me that I've been doing everything I can to get this job, and setting goals for myself and my education still counts for something. And I remind myself, yet again, that nothing at all will get accomplished without trusting fully in God's timing.

1 comment: