Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Strong Enough

    It's been a crazy week and I still can't believe Rich is gone. It's been hard for me to grieve as I've felt God's peace over the situation, but it hurts knowing so many others aren't feeling that peace. How I wish I could give that peace away so easily to Rich's family and those who were so close to him.

    When I heard someone say in a prayer "Thanks God, for letting us borrow Rich for awhile." I began to look at the tragedy from a different perspective. We were so incredibly blessed by the time we had with Rich on this earth; How utterly thankful we should be for his smiling face and the fifty-one short years he was with us. 

    While this won't necessarily ease the grieving process at all, it offers hope. I find hope knowing where Rich is now, and that I will someday see him again. But we don't have to be able to handle the pain, because we're human. We don't have to be strong enough. All we have to do is have faith. And remember that we do not have faith by sight, but by trusting that God's purpose is bigger than anything we can see. Rich will be missed, but his life was full of examples I wish to live by.

    On a note of praise to God, my brother and sister came home safe from their trip to Brazil today, and my waiting was not in vain as I got the job I interviewed for at Colorific Salon. God is so Good. Remember that through tragedy, His purpose prevails.


No comments:

Post a Comment