Friday, February 24, 2012

Roll Away Your Stone

    Recently I've become inexplicably addicted to Mumford & Sons. There's something about Marcus Mumford's voice that draws me into the sound and the lyrics of their music. I've been listening to "White Blank Pages" and "Winter Winds" over and over, as well as the rest of their tracks. Did you know that they won a Grammy with their song "The Cave"? Needless to say they've worked their way up on my list of favorites alongside the distinctive voices of Dolores of The Cranberries and Brandon Flowers of The Killers.

    I especially like the lyrics from "Roll Away Your Stone" that remind me of God's astounding grace:

"It seems that all my bridges have been burned,
but you say that's exactly how this grace thing works.
It's not the long walk home that will change this heart,
but the welcome I receive with the restart."



No comments:

Post a Comment